Thursday, September 8, 2011

Feels good to be free!

That must be what Talitha was thinking when she was turned out in the round pen for the first time! She was a doll walking out of her paddock and around the barn. After she went into the round pen and kicked up her heels, we worked in the smaller round pen and the outdoor arena. She walked casually over poles, around obstacles, and didn't even bat an eyelash! What a good girl, I am very proud of my youngest little mustang!







Cinnamon got a bath. He was sooo clean, for about an hour! He was not a huge fan of water, but tolerated it like a gentleman. After, we walked around the barn so he could dry off. He is so sweet, I keep imagining his perfect home. I think it will be one that involves a lot of grooming, he loves to be petted right in the crest of his mane. He will do the 'Elvis lip' when you have found his favorite spot!






Twister has decided to approach right away when coming to see him. He remains at a distance of 1-2 feet. You can gently grace the side of his nose while he sniffs you. I keep telling him that grooming feels so good! I think it will be soon he might take my advice. Either way, he remains attentive and calm when I am with him. Once I leave, he will walk to the gate I went out of and wait as if to say "come back!" I am very pleased with how sweet his personality is. He will need someone who is understanding of his needs and able to give him the time it will take to earn his trust. I don't know if I will be taking him to Napa yet. I will be announcing that next week so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!