Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Extreme Mustang Makeover Norco 2012

May 18-20 2012 Norco, CA









Thank you Stephanie Guinn and Lori Bristow for the AMAZING professional
 pictures you shared with me!


The makeover in Norco was a blast! I can't thank everyone enough for making it such a great event for the trainers, mustangs, and fans. I saw lots of old friends and met plenty of new ones too! Anthony and I even got challenged to compete next year in a "couples edition"! 
As for the actual event, Dixie was pretty high strung. The 9 hour trailer ride down, new terrain, 33 horses, and lots of people added to her stress levels. I was proud of her, even though she didn't compete as well as I knew she could. Isn't that how it always happens? We think that Dixie was really trying to tell us that she wanted to come home (instead of getting a new home at the auction Sunday). 
So, Sunday morning when I walked her into the auction arena I was holding my bidder number. I had made it pretty clear that anyone looking at her was going to have to go through me (and Anthony!) and we even "decorated her" with paint. There were 3 other bids on her, but we managed to beat them all and bring her back home! I am still waiting for those pictures to surface! 
From the first day I saw Dixie, I knew she and I would get along really well. Anthony said it is because we are both similar, we both have lots of energy and are always ready to go!
I think he is right ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!