Sunday, February 24, 2013

Fast forward!

Once a snow ball starts rolling, it becomes hard to stop. This has been my metaphor for training mustangs. Once they begin learning, they have huge leaps and bounds in their progress. Everyone who has seen these horses more than once have commented that they are transformed into calmer and more confident horses with each and every day! De-sensitizing has paid off, my mare was really scared and spooky so I spent lots of time reassuring her and working to show her 'people stuff' is not too bad after all. I clipped her face and brand, brushed her all over, hoof picked, saddled, bridled, and jumped up and down all around her.  Anyone that has spent time training a horse knows progress happens with lots of hard work and time. Since I have been slacking on keeping the blog up to date, I will narrate with pictures... hope you enjoy!

Lunging Sweet Pea in the round pen for the first time. She is sooooo laid back! 


She had virtually no reaction to the cooler... I guess that means I have been doing a good job de-sensitizing her!


Same with the fly mask and shipping boots... 


Anthony and Luna on their first walk... how cute!


Saddle and 1, 2, 3...


Up!!!


Visits with friends, anyone want to take me home?!?


My first ride, what a great feeling. There is no much that really compares to the moment when you are up for the first time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!