Thursday, April 19, 2012

Clinic Day at Sonrisa Stables

My first annual clinic at Sonrisa Stables. What a great place to be at. I can't begin to say how nice it was to meet the staff, parents, and students that came out to learn that day. I started off by working with their 4 yearlings headed for the San Jose BLM adoption event this weekend. We talked about pressure and release, herd instinct, moving their feet, and disengaging their hind quarters. After, the girls got to work with their yearlings while I coached. It was so cool to see the progress made in only a few hours. One team got their "first touch" and another was able to teach their horse to disengage instead of turn and run. Each game we taught them seemed to sink into their heads so quickly. I haven't worked with such young mustangs and it was certainly cool to see how they learn so fast! 


Working with one yearling and the other two wanted to see what was so interesting!


First touch


Sonrisa girls


Being groomed feels sooooo nice!








First time lifting a hoof


What a champ!


Learning to follow on the lead


Practicing their new moves


Touch!







A previous graduate of the Sonrisa mustang project



BIG THANKS to Karen for inviting me out. I look forward to seeing you guys again!
Good luck in San Jose :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!