Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Vacation

Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July. 


 Dixie and Augusta had fun getting all dressed up for the holiday!

Both mares have been doing spectacular. Just as in the beginning, each horse has really developed their unique personality traits. Augie seems so laid back and uncomplicated, after a few rides in the round pen we went for a nice trail ride. She was fine with almost everything we encountered. When she did get nervous about walking past something 'scary' she only needed a moment to collect herself and see the tree stump wasn't going to attack her. I even got her to jump over a few logs!


Dixie has been learning how to carry herself, and as you can see, she is a quick learner!
She has a really big engine and always wants to go. Whether I ride for 10 minutes or 2 hours, she never seems to have enough! 



The picture below is my favorite of Dixie, it shows her true movement and collection. However, I on the other hand look way too far forward :( If only I could photoshop me...


 









2 comments:

Thank you for your comments!